I vowed to myself a while ago that if chance ever presents itself, I would never freak out and fangirl in front of a person on a platform. Mission accomplished: well in this case anyway. I've been reading this book and am so taken by the profound wording and depth this book possesses. Trip talks about obtaining the "good life" through Christ, and how to build a tangible relationship with Jesus. I've only had the book for less that 48 hours and am already on page 75 out of 135. It's that good. So to anyone wanting a good read on Jesus awe-inspiring and rapturing love The Good Life by Trip Lee is phenomenal. Highly reccommended.
Monday, November 19, 2012
The Good Life
The other day, while browsing twitter (Yes, I have one. Suprising I know.), I looked upon a tweet that caught my eye. I had been following Trip Lee, and fallen in love with his music. So this tweet excited my journalistic and fangirling side. He had written a book, and was coming to my city for a book signing! Whoa... naturally I informed my mom that she would be coming along with me, even though it was an hour away, she obliged. (Thanks, mom.) I never read the book, but hey. A chance to meet an amazing and incredibly talented Christian rapper, and get a book signed! Best of both worlds! So we got to Barnes and Nobel and there he was. The line wasn't particularly long because a lot of people either didn't know who he was, or that he was there. It took me a few minutes of waiting in line, and we locked eyes. I immediately took over the conversation, blame my genes, and asked him if he would sign my book and spell my name correctly. S-Y-D-N-E-Y. Yeah, I spelled it out for him. He didn't say anything, took the book and asked if I was coming to the concert.(That same night.) I couldn't because tickets were sold out. He then informed me there were more tickets and I could still go if i wanted to. I didn't end up going because of how spur of the moment it was. But oh my gosh. I met him. I had met my first "celebrity."
I vowed to myself a while ago that if chance ever presents itself, I would never freak out and fangirl in front of a person on a platform. Mission accomplished: well in this case anyway. I've been reading this book and am so taken by the profound wording and depth this book possesses. Trip talks about obtaining the "good life" through Christ, and how to build a tangible relationship with Jesus. I've only had the book for less that 48 hours and am already on page 75 out of 135. It's that good. So to anyone wanting a good read on Jesus awe-inspiring and rapturing love The Good Life by Trip Lee is phenomenal. Highly reccommended.
I vowed to myself a while ago that if chance ever presents itself, I would never freak out and fangirl in front of a person on a platform. Mission accomplished: well in this case anyway. I've been reading this book and am so taken by the profound wording and depth this book possesses. Trip talks about obtaining the "good life" through Christ, and how to build a tangible relationship with Jesus. I've only had the book for less that 48 hours and am already on page 75 out of 135. It's that good. So to anyone wanting a good read on Jesus awe-inspiring and rapturing love The Good Life by Trip Lee is phenomenal. Highly reccommended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment