So, the other day I was hanging out with my youth pastor and his wife. They are probably my favorite people in the world. They challenge, and unearth things that grow my relationship with the Lord. I am truly blessed to have them. So back to what I was saying, I was hanging out with them the other day and discussing my life story. My youth pastor is very skeptical if you will, about devotionals. And who could blame him because some are pretty sketchy. But, one that had touched his life was "The Inner Voice of Love." By Henry Nouwen. So he brought it out and read a passage to me that has stuck with me for the few days that I've been reading the book. Which I will recite a portion of now. lucky you.
"Keep Returning to the Road to Freedom."
Henry Nouwen
When suddenly you seem to lose all you thought you had gained, do not despair. Your healing is not a straight line. You must expect setbacks and regressions. Don't say to yourself, "All is lost. I have to start all over again." This is not true. What you have gained, you have gained....In everything, keep trusting that God is with you, that God has given you compainions on the journey. Keep returning to the road to freedom."
Hearing this from someone else who is older was a big deal, especially from an older male whose opinion I value and trust. So this has been stuck in my head for a while, and I am absolutely in love with this book.
So, that's where I am today. I will leave you with a picture I found on pinterest(:

No comments:
Post a Comment