Wednesday, June 15, 2011

That's the Story of Love(:

    To begin this blog entry I would like to start out by saying that this summer has been amazing((: And it's so far from being over! I still have a lot to do((; I'm attending a dance intensive, going to Florida, and going on a retreat with my youth group. Needless to say..this Summer is about to get pretty hectic but, for all the right reasons((:
    So, next subject. This last week I went to Summer camp! Say WOOT! lawls. But, it was for children with disabilities. They just go each year to feel normal and get loved on. Loving them was sooooo easy. I miss them all dearly and, haven't even been away from them for 24 hours. They each touched a different part of my heart. I honestly didn't know what to expect this week. I knew we'd be working a lot but, I didn't expect the amount of work that was given. Which was so worth it anyways((;  I met my campers who had so much enthusiasm just radiating from their heart. It was soo humbling to not have electronics for a week and, just love on others that don't often get love from the world.
       On to what God taught me in this week. God chose to expose Himself to me a different way than He has in the past. Instead of speaking to me directly, He spoke through other people. He pretty much told me not to look to man for what He desires most to give me. Which is attention, approval, and just overall love. It's so nice to know that my best friend and Creator wants to love me. Someone who created the ENTIRE universe wants to know one little person. One little ant on the retrospect of life. It just makes me feel like He picked me out. He saw me. I know the Bible talks about that but, you never really grasp it until he brings you through a hard life lesson to see it. Ok, fellow blog-viewers. I'm about to be really honest with you...I never thought of God as my best friend. In the past that is anyways. I always saw Him as more of a mentor who still loved me, but just like a counselor.Who listened to my problems,loved me, and tried to fix me. I don't really know what happened this week, but it just really clicked with me. He IS my best friend. And will ALWAYS be there for me, and ALWAYS love me. Just take a minute to grasp that.

                                                                                         Didja get it?
                  
    I hope you did, but if you didn't, pray some more((; You'll get it.

Well,I will probably blog again soon,but until then
keep dancing and loving((:
                                                                                                               With all my love,
                                                                                                                                Sydney.D

No comments:

Post a Comment