Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hosea 2:8-18

     So, it's been a while sense I've used this blog. But I figure now is as good a time as any. And I know what some of you are thinking. What in the world is this girl doing up at 3:00am?? Well tomorrow I have a track event, and it's out of town and my intent was to pack. But, I guess you could say I'm quite the procrastinator. That's just one of my many flaws((: L awls.
    So, lately i've been really struggling with consistently journaling. And the Enemy often speaks death to me when i've been away from my journal/quiet time. So I've just, recently, been consumed with thoughts of fear and guilt. And lately i've noticed it more. So every time I catch myself in one of those situations I pray right there on the spot. If it's in a gas-station,my house, a park on a Saturday,etc. Just the most random places. And when I pray I can hear God say "This is not of Me." As to say this fear and this guilt are not from me. They do not speak life into your life. And living in this world where the TRUE meaning of life has been forgotten, fear is easily attained if you don't read your Bible. Let me tell you that! L awls. Like with all this talk of the "END OF THE WORLD" junk it can kinda freak a person out. But every time I become afraid I pray. Corney,maybe to some. But, it helps me. Two main things that help me overcome this fear is as follows;
                              1. Blast worship music on my iPod.
                               2. My mom always tells me to think of the Bible verse that says
                                    "No man knows when the end is. Not even the Son knows."
   That makes me think of God's amazing love, for sure. And, to add to the list, another thing that helps me is being around my AMAZING group of Christian friends. Sometimes even when I don't want to do anything or be with anyone, they brighten my day. I can't even describe it. It's like when you eat a orange. It's just so fresh, citrusy, and refreshing.

          The verses that I've been recently become mesmerized by are Hosea 2:8-18. If you haven't read them go read it!(I prefer the NLT translation, but that's just me.) I was brought across these verses a couple of months ago, but the great thing about the Bible is that when you read something then read it again it takes a whole new meaning. These few verses just seem like that fresh orange every time I read them((: I can't even explain how all of the things being said relate to my life. It's like talking about Gods love for unfaithful Israel. Because she has pretty much taken all of the things the Lord has given her and given them to other lovers. But, he takes all of her "lovers" and jewels and things He gave her away. And takes her into the desert and shows her, He gave everything to her. Not others. The most powerful verse to me right now is verse 10.
 "I will strip her naked in public, while all her lovers look on. No one will be able to rescue her from my hands."
   That verse. I feel like God is saying to me,Sydney, "This time may be difficult, but maybe you're handling it the wrong way. I know you don't want to, but let me show you how to do it. Even if you don't want to, I'm going to show you. And you will benefit because this is the marvelous plan I have for you."
  I know,right?! How could one little verse say so much to me? I have no idea. But, I have no doubt what so ever, it was the Lord((: That in in of itself reminds me of His unfailing love. Remarkable beyond all words.

 So on a final note I would like to leave you with a verse.
       Lamentations 3:22-23
             "The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness.
                                        His mercies are new every morning."

                                                                                                                  Love,
                                                                                                                        Sydney <3

No comments:

Post a Comment